Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Strawberries

A friend of mine who is going through a very difficult time in her life, but manages to look on the bright side wrote this and I think it is so true. We hope to have more that taste like nectar and pray that God is with us when we are handed a sour one.

Life is like eating strawberries I discovered while I was picking them. There are times where you get one that is just like nectar, and those are the good times in life. Then sometimes you get one that looks good, and you eat it and well it's sour. Those are the hard times.Everyone gets a sour strawberry now and then, and that's just life. We live for the nectar filled ones, and keep eating on through the sour ones.Strawberry Philosophy ~ by Amanda

Picking strawberries is yet another simple gift that I enjoy so much. I love seeing my children's faces light up when we approach the garden each day and find more beautiful red ripe strawberries to eat...it doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: