Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Signs of Fall

Tonight, Ashton stayed up late and was just hanging out with Mom and Dad...obviously enjoying the attention. I (being the obsessed teacher) mentioned that we should begin thinking about what he is going to bring for Show-and-Tell NEXT Wednesday. The assignment is to bring in one or two items that are "signs of Fall", I started saying, corn, apples, walnuts(from our tree), etc. when he stopped me and said, "Mom, I am going to take in a light bulb." I looked at him with a confused look and asked him to explain his thoughts to me. He said without hesitation, "In the Fall, the sun goes down earlier, and we have to turn on the lights on our cars and inside our houses earlier." Wow, I am a proud Mommy! I'm sure his teacher and classmates will need a good explanation when he whips out a light bulb from his bag. ;)

There is no doubt in my mind that Ashton has Grandpa Spud's creative mind.

It's the simple things in life that truly do mean the most.

No comments: