Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 28, 2008

Seeing Stars

Tonight while we were walking inside, Darcy looked up at the sky and said, "Mommy, what's that?" Then I realized that my baby girl had never seen real stars before, or at least was not old enough to remember when I would point them out to her. We took a few moments and just looked at them quietly and then we talked about how pretty they were. By now I was almost in tears that my sweet little girl, well, is just so sweet. She constantly makes me smile and is hardly ever upset and if she is, it can be fixed by a hug very quickly.
Tonight she discovered another bit of how beautiful nature is and the beautiful gifts that God leaves us in small and big packages. The stars are amazing and without Darcy, I would have not even noticed them tonight, as I was in hustle and bustle mode, but the innocense of childhood and the magic of newness helped me to stop and enjoy the moment with her.
As we headed inside for bed, she looked up at the stars and said, "Goodnight, pretty stars."

To that, goodnight and God bless.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: