Our Family

Our Family

Monday, September 8, 2008

Norma's Toffee Grahams

 


As a blogger, I find myself taking pictures of good food so that I can share the recipes with my "friends" online. Here is a really ymmy and easy recipe. Ashton finds it very strange that I photograph his snacks. :)

This is a recipe that my little neighbor lady in Nevada would make and it brings back fond memories of my childhood and a very special lady, Norma Corbin.

You need-

2 sticks of butter

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup white sugar

chocolate chips(I chopped mine up in the Pampered Chef chopper)

peanuts(or any other nut that you have on hand)

1/2 box of graham crackers

* I only made 1/2 the recipe just to make sure it turned out okay.

Melt the butter and then add the brown and white sugar. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down and let bubble for about 4 minutes.

Pour over the graham crackers on a foil covered pan.

bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes and then drop the choc. chips on top and let them melt. I placed mine in the fridge after the chocolate was melted, and they were very yummy!

Each day when Asher gets home from preschool, we have a treat ready for him and this is what he got today! "Toffee Grahams"!

They are to die for with a cup of coffee...I am enjoying some right now!

This preschool thing could add some good poundage on my little hips. ;)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: