Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 12, 2010

Simple Joys

I could not possibly dream of a better morning. Well, at least in the dead of winter in Iowa. A note from my hubby this morning(who was at Bible Study across the street) reads, "I will take Asher to school. I love you." Oh, bliss. No rushing to get the three kiddos and myself ready to drive Ashton to Slater. I could stay in my jammies and just get one little man ready to go. Because of the calm in the house, I was able to enoy two storybooks with Ashton and Darcy while Drewby slept and before pushing Ashton out the door. Once Ashton was gone, I finally showered and the twins and I spent almost 2 hours at the library reading books and playing with blocks. We were the only children in the library and so we had a large area all to ourselves to enjoy the comfort of books and each other. It was sooooo relaxing. I decided to find myself a book and was even able to sit in the rocking chair while reading a book and watching my lovely children play with the blocks. After the library, we had some races in the gym and then finally home to have lunch and make some pumpkin muffins. To top it all off, they are sleeping now and I am enjoying Blog Land. Oh the joys of staying home. :)

No comments: